Over the last four years, I have worked on multiple live webcast production projects using various media servers. Some of the events that I helped with implementing the live streaming setup include:
- WJC Plenary Assembly (2013)
- A number of ALDE Events held in the European Parliament (2012, 2011)
- Geneva Summit for Human Rights and Democracy, (2012, 2011, 2010)
- WJC Governing Board, (2010, 2011)
Every single live webcast production uses a media server, such as Wowza Media Server, a web application frontend, such as a Ruby on Rails application or Symfony PHP application, and a real-time publish-subscribe messaging system, such as Faye, or APE. With each new project I have learnt new things and realized mistakes that my previous implementations had.
I want to share what I have learnt, so I have started writing an ebook called Mastering Live Video Streaming with Wowza Media Server: A step-by-step guide to producing Live Webcasts. In this book you will learn:
- How to create a simple live video streaming of your event
- How to produce a multi-bit rate live streaming
- How to produce a live video stream viewable on Android and iOS mobile devices
- How to effectively record a live video stream and transfer it for on-demand viewing in minutes
- How to utilize Amazon Web Services for a low budget live webcast production
- How to scale a live webcast production and be able to serve thousands of simultaneous viewers
- How to effectively manage a live event and offer an engaging experience to the audience
The intended audience for the book is:
- Anyone with programming experience (ideally web development) who hasn't worked with streaming technologies before
- System administrators who want to setup and configure a media server
Obviously basic programming skills are required to understand the content in the book.
|Premium Package||Basic Package||Just the Book|
|€ 399||€ 89||€ 29|
|100 page ebook in PDF, ePub, and mobi format||100 page ebook in PDF, ePub, and mobi format||100 page ebook in PDF, ePub, and mobi format|
|Access to the full source code of the example applications implemented in the book||Access to the full source code of the example applications implemented in the book|
|Two hours of consulting time with me to work out any problems with your webcast|
Sign up to get updates and 10% off
Just enter your e-mail address in below and I will send you updates on my progress, preview chapters, and a 10% off discount code when I publish the book.
Interested in producing live webcasts for your event?
Want to broadcast live your next event? Then check out SELFSTREAM